Saturday, March 2, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~

The Charm of Grey


We are having a grey week here in Maine.  I am a bit tired of the weather folks on TV and the Radio calling the gray weather gloomy, dreary, bad...it IS grey or gray which ever way you like it.  It almost feels like brainwashing.  If we hear it enough we will feel glum when it is grey.  So as I wandered in the woods this week under the WONDERFUL gray skies my mind meandered back to my teen years and the color grey. (I like it with and e...but guess it is more commonly spelled with and a in the USA vs the UK)

Anyways, my story, when I was a teen in the often times grey Pacific Northwest my folks decided my 4 sisters and I should go to charm classes.  YES, I went to a mini charm school.  I was then, and still am, a bit of a feminist tomboy (how do you like those labels!?)  I had to learn how to walk with a book on my head while swishing my calves together.  The book balancing was a little fun but there was no way I was going to swish my calves or put on high heels!  I was not a cooperative student.  We were tutored in aspects of hygiene...body hair was a major subject!  I, distinctly, remember being ask how often a girl should wash her hair...I answered when it was dirty...guess that was the wrong answer....still don't know the "right" answer! 

Finally, we came to the subject of fashion.  The grey skirt was stressed as a mainstay in any girls wardrobe.  Grey goes with everything.  I stopped listening and I spent the rest of the classes day dreaming about grey wool.  So the only charm I received was the grace of grey.  Every time I hear or think of the word grey images of grey A-line skirts come to mind.  

Grey the non color...the shadowy place in dreams..yet grey days produce no shadows.  Grey a word that sort of growls followed by a breath when you say it.  Growling feels energizing.  Grey is calm.  ~~~Grrrr-hay~~~ 

I am grateful for grey.

~~~

Here are some photos from my shadow-less grey day snowshoe.  Even came across some canine tracks...could they be from a grey wolf?!  Probably, a coyote..but you never know!













It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment