Sunday, May 12, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~






My Mother's Day was to start with the promise of breakfast in bed made by my boy.  This is a photo of a fun breakfast of the past, so you can see why I look forward to this! I was hoping for a day off from the kitchen.  

Unfortunately, my son woke up feeling sick. So instead of no cooking I made my "Cure what Ails you Garlic Soup"

Fortunately, I had made  chicken & rice for dinner last night.  I had cooked the leftover chicken into a broth.  I still have a few heads of my homegrown garlic so after a bit a chopping the soup was simmering.




"recipe"

Broth...Chicken or Vegetarian Chicken 
4 heads of Garlic
1/2 teaspoons of hot pepper flakes
one onion
4 carrots
heaping tablespoons of
basil
oregano
rosemary
salt to taste


Ok that is done...I went to check my FaceBook and found this post by my boy...

"Happy Mother's Day to the woman who's taught me to be who I am. We've certainly had our rough times, but that doesn't take away an iota of the respect I hold for you. You support me when times are hard, you've pushed me towards my potential, and most importantly you've backed off to let me be who I am. You have put up with all my eccentricities and taught me to be a more kind and compassionate human being. Love you mom, thanks for all the little things you do each day. —"

TEARS!  And he posted it publicly!  The teen years have been a bit of a struggle between he and me.  So this post is the very best!  I am grateful for the chance to be the mother of this challenging and interesting person.  I am grateful for the possibilities that the future hold for this young man.  It is a privilege to learn from this experience called Mother.

And my Dear Husband made me a swing that I have been wanting for years!



I am a Happy Gal!

Happy Mother's Day








It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment