Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Foolish April

I had planned to blog yesterday with my Tuesday's Tip but I got busy making the shades for the bathroom windows.  The sun does occasionally shine here in Maine and at just the right angle to make bathing blinding...so I made blinds!  My thought was I would get up early and do my Tuesday blog this morning.  That was until I looked out the window and laughed and laughed and laughed.....


This is real time April 16th 2014 6:30 AM!  We got a couple of inches of snow!  
Crazy!  But still beautiful!  But still CRAZY!

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."    ~John Ruskin



Hope my poor lavender survives!
It was mostly protected by the winter snow that never melted.
Snow can be good mulch...but not so much anymore...


Rest of the "garden" is safe inside!



I think my Icelander has even had enough!  She looks like she could use some coffee 
(right now she is back in bed)




Here are the shades that kept me busy yesterday.  Just simple blinds that are rolled by hand and held up with a snap.  They are lined with light block fabric and hung with 2 grommets each on little "L" hooks.  Amazing how what I think will be a simple job takes half my day.  Amazing that I thought spring was actually here!!




My DH will be home from work soon...Wednesday is our day off...I think this is the best advice for today....


Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
Lao Tzu


No comments:

Post a Comment