Friday, March 15, 2013

Lax Grass



(So grass if it knew itself
would be less that it thinks
and as great as it is
and greater than it
thinks it is)
All in a single moment.

Robert Lax
Circus Days & Nights

These were made from extra bits of a Fiber Art project (that is still in progress).  Robert Lax is one of my favorite poets.  I am, absolutely, in love with his work and the story of his life!  Check out my "I read" list for some of my favs.  If you Google Robert Lax you will find many links to his works.


The Green Grass & Text were letter pressed onto cotton canvas at A Revolutionary Press, Harborside Maine.


Robert Lax (1915-2000), was a little known American abstract minimalist poet and spiritual hermit. Lax may be best know for his friendship with the Trappist Monk, Thomas Merton.  Though, I wish he could be known more for his own works.  Lax wrote many poems but was not well published in the US.  I love his writings and hope to bring more of his wonderful poems to light through my art work.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/126246907/green-grass-party-crown-with-letter


No comments:

Post a Comment