Thursday, May 22, 2014

Everything is Just Duckie!



My sweeties arrived on another grey day in Maine.  They certainly have brightened thing up for me.  More rain on the way for today....I did manage to get 5 loads of laundry dry yesterday...just barely.  Very happy to have this wick cute distraction!

My son got a job at the local grocery store for the summer.  He is working in produce and starts work at 7:00am.  After dropping him off I headed to the post office to pick up my ducklings!



They came in this box via airmail...the only flying these flightless duck will experience.  Home in about 7 minutes...


Here they are soooo cute.  13 ducks ~ they sent a spare.  So the first step is to take them out one by one and dip their bill into the water to be sure they get a drink.  Then they are free to roam about the brooder.








Ok~~ I am a new "mom" so lots of photos.  If these are not enough you can now follow me on Instagram! http://instagram.com/injoyemporium   They are a major distraction!  But I finally left to get some other things done.  But an hour later I came back with some greens.  Chopped dandelion and tender grass.

Duck viewing seats...what can I say?


I also noticed that one duck was acting lethargic.  I picked her up and she had a bit of blood coming out of her vent.  So I separated her from the others but, gave her a little window so she wouldn't feel so distressed by the separation.


Sorry to say she was dead this morning.  Such is the way of things and I am sure plenty die at the hatchery but it does make me a little sad.  I will bury her, funny how that will make me feel better than offering her to the ravens...I didn't mind giving the ravens the vole Runa killed.  We are funny creatures we humans.

I did manage to get some other work done between mooning over the ducks...

Broccoli & Cauliflower Planted ~ Black flies Biting ~ Grass needs Mowing


The Skies cleared a bit in the evening so Runa & I had a little walk.....


~I did sleep well last night~

No comments:

Post a Comment