Monday, May 19, 2014

☼ Forest & Field Happenings ☼




Can't do a whole lot in the gardens with all the wet.  Wet or no I just need to get outside everyday.  So during a lull when the downpours were only a drizzle I took a little walk around to see what I could see!

Baby Peas
& Baby Lettuce!


Bobolink looking rather damp!

Pond Life Does Not Mind the Rain


And the Best For Last

RAVENS!


3 Nestlings! 
I watched them hop in and out of the nest.  They are not yet flying.  It is hard to see from the photo, but these are a bit smaller than the parent birds.  So wonderful to watch! I feel so privileged to be accepted and allowed to stand quietly and just look at them without causing them distress.


Parent Bird Returns!


Of course I leave a thank-you gift...cat food...don't tell Vern!


He is not a big fan of all the rain!





No comments:

Post a Comment