Monday, May 5, 2014

☼ Forest & Field Happenings ☼


Time to break my silence.  Spring is still coming on at a very slow pace.  Cold and windy most days.  All this grey weather has put me in a rather quiet disposition....haven't really felt like I have had much to say.  So I came up with this idea of just reporting the events of the fields and forest until I find my words again.  There is plenty going on, like this pair of visiting Hooded Mergansers!  My quiet is peaceful and full of joy.  Just quiet....so here is a bit of the happenings....


There are a pair of nesting Ravens not far from our house!


They are able to hide deep in their nest...but I see them everyday...just can't get a photo.


I have been leaving them treats on this stump near their tree.  Here is some suet.  
Saturday Runa killed a vole in the garden...I brought it here...next time I walked by it was gone!



Have thrown caution to the cold, wet, winds by planting my peas, beets, salad greens, & summer carrots.  
Raspberry rehab is still progressing.



My swing automatically appeared!  
I find swinging to be a great stretch after a day of garden work!


First wildflowers ~ Coltsfoot ~ Tussilago



New Turtle log this year


and the Turtle returned!


That's what happening here...how's your spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment