Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Morning




Runa woke me up.  Time to go out.  I am not really awake.  I noticed from my window that there  are wild ducks on the pond.  I slip on my slippers and robe, grab my camera.  Try to go quietly outside.  Runa barks.  Ducks fly. Too slow with the camera.  Beautiful morning.  Despite the chill and not being properly dressed I take a wander.................






Now with COFFEE I write this little note and find this poem for your enjoyment...Have a nice Day!



Morning Poem
 
Every morning
the world
is created. 
Under the orange
 
sticks of the sun
the heaped
ashes of the night
turn into leaves again
 
and fasten themselves to the high branches ---
and the ponds appear
like black cloth
on which are painted islands
 
of summer lilies. 
If it is your nature
to be happy
you will swim away along the soft trails
 
for hours, your imagination
alighting everywhere. 
And if your spirit
carries within it
 
the thorn
that is heavier than lead ---
if it's all you can do
to keep on trudging ---
 
there is still
somewhere deep within you
a beast shouting that the earth
is exactly what it wanted ---
 
each pond with its blazing lilies
is a prayer heard and answered
lavishly, 
every morning,
 
whether or not
you have ever dared to be happy, 
whether or not
you have ever dared to pray.
 

~ Mary Oliver ~

(Dream Work 1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment