Sunday, April 14, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~


I love this chair ~~~ my guy does not

I bought this chair for one dollar at an auction 20 years ago.  It was one of the first pieces of furniture we had in this house.  We had run out of money building it so the furniture was on the cheap. It is a rocking chair that I think is quite comfy.  I sponge painted it during my sponge painting period...glad I got that out of my system! When I was pregnant the chair went into my sons room.  In this Chair I nursed him and comforted him during teething....so this chair holds ~~~ aaaaaahhh ~~~~ memories for me.  But since those days it has been sort of in the way.  I just haven't been able to bear to part with it.  Last Sunday evening, I wondered out loud if the chair would fit into the treehouse?  Next morning I found the chair outside and ready to go!


But would it fit?

We tried to shove it up the trapdoor.  It seemed that we were just shy an inch to make it squeeze up there no matter what position we tried.  DH was determined!  First he removed the ladder...still no go...then he handed me the driver up in the treehouse and had me remove the trapdoor.  It made it then by a hair!  My husband later confessed that he was going to get the reciprocating saw next to make the hole bigger! 



Well, guess this chair was not destine to return to the house.  I am glad! It is a wonderful addition to the treehouse decor!  I used to just have a pile of cushions on the floor to sit on.  This is much more comfortable and will probably get more use here too!



So I am grateful for the treehouse this week.  It has given me a space  for retreat and to find calm during those inevitable family conflicts.  When my guys want to watch a movie in the summer that is not my cup of tea...I can find peaceful sanctuary here.  And now "the chair of undercurrent discord" has found a new happy home.  

Plus! it is just plain fun in the Right Brain Treehouse Society!!

Dedicated to the child within us all!


It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment