Sunday, April 7, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~


POETRY

Robert Lax ~ Abstract Minimalist Poet ~ 1915 - 2000 


April is National Poetry Month!  April 18th Poem in Your Pocket Day!

I love poetry.  It has saved me time and time again.  When I was a teen and my life was pretty rugged I turned to poetry for comfort.  My first favorite was Robert Frost, it was funny too because I grew up in the Pacific Northwest.  I had never been to New England or cared to go.  Even so there was something in his poetry that resonated with me.  Part of it was nature but there was something more...who knows it may have been a pointer that my adult life was to be here in Maine.  

My first poetry book I ever owned...co 1972

I love the economy of poetry.  So much is said with fewer words.  I love the imagery that poetry invokes in my mind.  But my favorite thing is the way poetry looks on the page.  It is the blank space that surrounds a poem that I ador.  The blankness is like a breath before the poem is read.  The spaciousness around lines opens my heart to the message of a poem.  The most open poems I have come across where created by Robert Lax.  My beloved, most admired, maybe an obsession, personal favorite poet is Lax right now.


(I should own stock in posted notes!)
I have read everything I can get my hands on about this wonderful human BEing. This was a person full of love and possibly enlightened.  A humble sort that didn't get published much.  I am so grateful I love poetry -> which lead me to Robert Lax! 

My latest additions to my Lax collection


A favorite poem....


problem
in
design


what if 
you like 
to draw
big flowers,
but what
if some 
sage has 
told you 
that 
there is
nothing 

more beautiful
nothing 
more
beautiful
than a
straight
line
?
what should
you draw:
big flowers?
straight lines?
i think
you should
draw
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
big
flow
ers
un
til
they
be
co
me
a
str
ai
gh
t
l
i
n
e

i draw 
straight 
lines, 
said 
the young 
man, 
and think 
they are 
perfectly 
beautiful; 
but what 
can I 
draw now? 
straight 
lines, 
i said 
straight 
lines, 
straight 
lines 
until 
they 
disappear 







A link to 3 videos by Susanne Wiegner with the voice & poetry of Robert Lax

http://movingpoems.com/poet/robert-lax/


It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment