Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Solstice ~~~Gratitude~~~


I have been in this neck of the woods since 1986.  Over the years I have become a part of a wonderful community.  There are the usual get togethers around the expected events in folks lives but, I have had the Extra Ordinary experience of being a part of a group of women that celebrate and share our most intimate dreams and thoughts.  The group has been fluid over the years meeting often or occasionally.  The "members" evolve as well, some new and some I have known since 1986.  Busy lives and possibly growth has had the group evolve to meeting twice a year on the winter and summer solstices.  Our most common custom is to share a meal and spend the night around a campfire.  But this year we had a very special gathering out on a boat in Belfast harbor!

Someone in the group followed her dream big time!  She got a boat!  We were invited!  It was amazing, wonderful, and a wee bit adventurous!  It took two launch rides to get us all out to the outer edge of the moorings.  It was a perfect night!  









I am inclined to spend much time alone.  I actually hadn't been to one of these gatherings in a few years.  But I could not resist the the lure of the sea!  I am so glad I went and not just for the great venue and delicious food.  I am grateful to be a part of these women's lives.  I am grateful to be growing old together with them.  I am grateful for a place that confidences, dreams, sorrows, and joys can be shared.  

I am a lucky gal!  Thanks ~YOU~ know whos!



A beautiful evening spent with beautiful friends on the beautiful waters of Belfast, Maine.  
~~~
It is my intention, each week, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment