Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pause & See



There isn't much time for sitting, reading, or just doing no~thing right now but, I find my Self constantly pausing and looking into the woods.  This final spring green with the remembrance of the open winter woods just catches my breath.  There is something so alluring about the darkness that the woods emit this time of year.  So many folks feel closed in by winter it is the opposite for me.  In the winter the woods beckon...in the summer there is a sense of pause and privacy, it is like I am not allowed.  Of course, all the work in the open keeps me out as well as the mosquitoes.  It IS beautiful to be on the edges just looking in, knowing mysterious wood happenings are occurring.  





A poem for today~~~ (the only thing I have time and awakeness to read these days is poetry!)

Lost in the forest...

Lost in the forest, I broke off a dark twig
and lifted its whisper to my thirsty lips:
maybe it was the voice of the rain crying,
a cracked bell, or a torn heart.

Something from far off it seemed
deep and secret to me, hidden by the earth,
a shout muffled by huge autumns,
by the moist half-open darkness of the leaves.

Wakening from the dreaming forest there, the hazel-sprig
sang under my tongue, its drifting fragrance
climbed up through my conscious mind

as if suddenly the roots I had left behind
cried out to me, the land I had lost with my childhood---
and I stopped, wounded by the wandering scent. 

...& the daily dose of duckie cuteness



+++ hummingbird wonder






No comments:

Post a Comment