Wednesday, June 11, 2014

☼ Forest & Field Happenings ☼ DUCK Update


It was getting pretty dirty in Duckingham Palace so time to clean it up!  But I needed to get the these teenage ducks out into the yard.  Runner Ducks are a bit skittish.  They are not your cuddle duck at all!  They are very wary of anything new.  So it was time to let the fun begin!  First I got the yard all set up very nice.


Then I opened the door...


Quite a lot of squeaking and clustering....they were not going to go out on their own accord!  So I gave them a bit of help.  2 at a time I grabbed them and put them gently out the door.  Until I got 6 out to stay they kept coming back in...wish I could have filmed it for you...it was a bit of a duck rodeo!



Finally outside for the first time in their lives!  Just think about it, they were born in a hatchery, put in a box that flew on an airplane, came to my house and lived in a cardboard brooder for the first 2 weeks.  The big wide world must be quite a shock!



The Duckies are doing what I call The Cluster Duck...they move in a mass as if they are one duck!



Finally, they settle down a bit, but, they don't seem to know what to do with the water.


But they are Ducks and instincts soon take hold.  First One Duck...then....

2

3

jumps to 5


now 7


9 seemed to be the limit

Until!



Capacity 10!

I got these photos by standing still for about 15 minutes.

I made a move and...



Duckingham Palace is back to its Royal "Sparkling" Clean Splendor.
The Duckie Doodles are going in and out on their own.
and
I am looking for a bigger tub!


No comments:

Post a Comment