Saturday, June 21, 2014

☼ Forest & Field Happenings ☼ FLOWERS!



I do not have formal flower gardens but I do have flowers!  Late June is the peak time for flowers here.  The Lupine it the favorite of my DH so I have planted and divided them everywhere I think they will grow ... and ... not get mowed over by the same DH!


Here is a little tour of the flowers that are blooming ~~~


Siberian Iris are at their peak all around the pond!
I received a gift clump 20 + years ago and have just been dividing & dividing...





The first plant that I planted on this land was my Rhododendron...the Washington State Flower.   It was hit hard this winter but I am happy to say that it is bouncing back with flowers and new growth...phew...I was a bit worried!



This ever expanding Wild Rose briar patch came with the land....looks like I should add gathering rose petals to my to do list!



Hoping for a good blackberry year...looking promising with the cultivated & the wild!



These Peonies I dug up and transplanted from the house we had before...never found a place for them around the house...but they seem happy here on this slope...a nice bouquet for the house!



Can't forget the wild ones...I am on a crusade to spread Milkweed to feed the Monarchs...more on that another time... http://monarchwatch.org/


Thought these spent dandelions looked sort of nice....


One of my favorite woodland flowers ~ Jack-in-the-Pulpit



“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.” 

the Buddha



No comments:

Post a Comment