Saturday, June 14, 2014

~~~Gratitude~~~ Birds of a Feather Flock Together



It has been great weather for ducks and mosquitoes this past week ~ wet and rainy.  But my spirits have not been dampened.  I am grateful for the water in the gardens and the easier weeding that I will get too tomorrow.  My life has been for the birds lately...but not the downer this idiom suggests, it has been quite lovely.  First I found a bigger tub for my duckies among the things in the shed. But this will have to do until they are ready to fly the coop and be free ranging quackers.

 

Have been forgetting to tell you that a fine little Phoebe has been feathering her nest on one of the duck house windows.  2 days ago the chicks hatched.  I have been giving them space but I could not resist zooming in for a photo of these little beauties. Just completely cunning!


 
Then the other day Runa and I were startle by the circle of life as turkey chicks exploded all around us.  I could only get a photo (I had my lens cap on..drat!) of the mother running away clucking "follow me...follow me!!" 



Finally, I have had a number of sightings in the neighborhood of the 5 Raven family since they fledged from our forest.  Of course, I never seem to have the camera.  I did happen to have my camera and startled them near the road.  Most of the photos were too bleary to share but I got this one good one of two in flight.


So what have I been doing all week during this not so gardening worthy weather?  Making bird puppets!  My imagination took flight and I have new design...Raven Puppet.  Parrots & Owls are in the shop, Kingfishers in progress, Red-Winged Blackbird soon to follow.  Raven just needs some thread snips and a photo session.


 https://www.etsy.com/shop/InJoyEcoCutie?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Grateful for Beautiful Birds!

and even a poem today ~ thanks to rain the has kept me more indoors

Bird

Pablo Neruda
It was passed from one bird to another,
the whole gift of the day.
The day went from flute to flute,
went dressed in vegetation,
in flights which opened a tunnel
through the wind would pass
to where birds were breaking open
the dense blue air -
and there, night came in.

When I returned from so many journeys,
I stayed suspended and green
between sun and geography -
I saw how wings worked,
how perfumes are transmitted
by feathery telegraph,
and from above I saw the path,
the springs and the roof tiles,
the fishermen at their trades,
the trousers of the foam;
I saw it all from my green sky.
I had no more alphabet
than the swallows in their courses,
the tiny, shining water
of the small bird on fire
which dances out of the pollen.

~~~
It is my intention, each week, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment