Thursday, June 12, 2014

☼ Forest & Field Happenings ☼


Summer is here!  There is heat and  growth is everywhere.  The spring frenzy has dissipated and now it it is time to keep up with the gardens, creating for Etsy, and have some summer fun......!?


30 pounds of storage potatoes planted.
Trying a later planting to have my potatoes ready when it is a good time put them in the cold room...like when it is cold.  Also, I have been told by a friend that her later planting missed the potato beetle!



But far from the late potatoes I planted early potatoes, Augusta Variety.  They are coming on very nicely....can't wait!



Cukes are up & need thinning...


Summer carrots are up and need thinning & weeding!



Summer Squash!


Beans need thinning.....


Pie cherry tree is loaded...hope I can beat the birds!


Bumbles are busy in the Blueberries!


New growth on the spring planted trees.



Winter rye needs to be cut for potato mulch....


♥♥♥ Still time to pause & reflect on the beauty around me ♥♥♥


1 comment:

  1. I'm a Mainer too! Lupines are up at my house and I am finding sprouts between my weeds too! :)

    ReplyDelete