Saturday, May 25, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~


We are having a lot of rain! Outside is not too nice for photography.  I have better things to do than dry out my camera.  I am getting out each day...dog walk...duck chores...checking on my drowning early plantings...oh well....

No worries though...lots of other things to do inside!  Here are couple of the things I have managed to do during the soggy, drizzly days....I am grateful for rainy days during the busy spring time...a change is as good as a rest!

A little crockpot over dyeing of handspun yarn.


YUM?


Just got a hankering for some different colors and to fixed some "ugly" yarn.


A pretty easy method if you aren't concerned about repeating the formula (guess what? I rarely try!)  I follow this recipe for oven dyeing and adapt it to the crock pot.  Soak the skein in some hot water with a squirt of Dawn dish soap in a separate tub.  In the crockpot add a bit of hot water, a cup of vinegar, a heaping tablespoon of non-iodized salt, and the dye powder (be sure to wear a particle mask for this part)

Then I dip my damp skein in to see if I like the color and add more dye to adjust.  Put the skein in the crockpot and pour the dawn water to fill the pot.  I usually do 2 skeins at a time.  Give it all a good stir.  Leave the pot on high for about 3 to 4 hours.  Unplug and allow to cool overnight or all day.  The dye will be exhausted and the water should be clear.

Here is how I block and dry my yarn.  Two old mop sticks, gallon water jugs and bungee cords.


My Cellar ~ Like my steps?




A new idea for a scarf on the little loom!


Runa & Vern blowing of some stuck inside steam!

Grateful for Fiber Fun!!

It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment