Saturday, June 22, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~



I should be sleeping...I came home today from college freshman orientation exhausted.  Not that good tired that comes from stacking a pile of wood or hoeing a nice long row of weeds.  That tired in the head from a night of very little sleep and a couple days of new experiences.  This afternoon I laid down to take a nap and fell into a deep dreamless sleep.  So here I am unable to quiet my my mind from my experiences...again.  Maybe if I write down my thoughts I can get some rest.



The last two days I was part of a herd of 200+ parents being guided from one talk to another.  As we travelled, 4 or 5 abreast, it felt like we were lemmings or ants on the swarm.  I was struck by the sense of being on the same path with all of these strangers knowing that each one was attached to their own individual story.  A bit overwhelming for my hermit/reiki-ness.  

The talks were useful for the most part.  They were delivered in an efficient manner but fairly detached in my opinion.  What was my saving grace were  young blue-shirted guides of Team Maine.  These students managed to always smile and be more helpful than seemed even necessary.  Or maybe I have been jaded by all the automated help that is a part of our daily lives now.  It was so pleasant to be so genuinely assisted by living, lively, souls.  One in particular I made a wonderful and brief connection with and I am holding him in my healing grid and I a grateful for the bit of kinship. (hope you are writing!)

Speaking of connection I have to say I feel most oriented back to a path of closeness with my young adult son.  We are a patchwork of cloth of similar and different cuts.  Together we often make an odd garment.  But after this little 2 day journey, that marks the beginning of our paths truly diverging was the most connected I have felt with him in a long while.  

At one point, on the way home, during a bit of grouchiness created by my habit of interrupting my Self...which is not endearing to my boy.....I made a comment, "Well that is because you have an engineering mind and I have an artist mind".  To my surprise he said that, yes that is true and artist make the world more beautiful.  If engineers made all the buildings they would be efficient but not beautiful.  That was a first!  A bit later I said, "You know, I like who I have become due this wonderful journey of raising you for the last 18 years. I am better person for knowing you."  He replied, "Thank-you for letting me be myself and not making me into some spiritual, Reiki, vegetable growing, hippy child."  I said, "Your Welcome!"

It is wonderful to see my son so confident with him Self and his future.  I am enjoying this transformation and change for us both.  I am very much filled up with gratitude and I am happy!  Now sleep...ahhhh.

...and English Major...if you are reading this just know I am at peace with all my grammatical errors, run on sentences, and self interruptions.  I let my son edit my blog ONCE...he had good suggestion/corrections but it wasn't worth it...I prefer my imperfections!




 It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment