Sunday, June 2, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~


a humble bumble
waiting watching ~ arrival!
breath ~ peaceful relief
~
orah

I have to admit I have a little bee arrival anxiety.  With all the bee trouble in the world I get a bit angsty in the late spring when I haven't seen the Bumble Bees yet.  This week they finally appeared!  I am ever so, completely, GRATEFUL for Bees and all the pollinators who make our food possible!! <3

I kept honey bees with my dad when I was a girl.  I lived on the edge of suburbia then.  We had a larger than average yard and in house that was built before the sprawl started to happen.  There was a very large vacant lot across the road for most of my childhood.  It did turn into a subdivision in my teens :(  Anyways, the beehive was one of my favorite places to hang out as a girl.  I would spend hours watching them go in and out of the hive.  It was here I learned that nature was peaceful and had no wish to harm.  You leave us alone, we will leave you alone.  I was never stung while watching the hive even though I sat only inches from their home.


A few year back, before the knowing of Colony Collapse Disorder http://www.nrdc.org/wildlife/animals/bees.asp?gclid=CL-wtrHBxbcCFVSe4AodpmYAqAI thought I might take up beekeeping again.  I was worried that my many vegetables and berry plants were not getting enough pollination.  So I started researching and preparing for the endeavour.  (this was before we had the internet) I read books and contacted Cooperative Extension.  This all lead me to a the head Apiarist for the State of Maine.  I got him on the phone to get further advice.  He was a super curmudgeon!  Very gruff with me and wanted to know why I wanted to keep bees anyways!?  Well, I went on about my pollenation worries.  He cut me off and gave me a speech about only those who truly love the art of beekeeping should be beekeepers and the wild pollinators will serve me just fine!  Well! I became more determined than ever to have bees...by golly..who did he think he was...oh yeah the head apiarist..but telling me off...!!?

Meanwhile, I had recently finished the book Behaving As If the God in All Life Mattered by Machaelle Small Wright (see Amazon Link at the side) a book about co-creating with  nature and some of the principles of animal communication. I kept getting "messages" not to keep bees.  Just one stumbling block after another but I still remained determined! Until one morning I awoke from a very vivid dream.  I actually sat bolt upright from my sleep with the vision of the face of a giant bumblebee in my face.  I "heard" "we don't want them (domestic bees) here!  We will take care of your plants!".  I stopped my beekeeping pursuits that day.  When late spring finally came that year I never before or have since seen so many bumblebees in my blueberries!  You can believe me or not!  But, since that day I have believed in animal communication and have taken many more steps to be a co-creative life on this land where I live!  

Speaking of animal communication....



Yesterday morning as I was about to start transplanting my tomato teens...I heard Raven not too far off.  So we did a little back and forth squawking at each other.  I was photographing my planting set up for a future blog when Raven flew right over me and did a little hover flight above me and croaking!  It felt like a very nice howdy do!  Believe it or not...Raven and I are friends!


  It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment