Wednesday, December 25, 2013

ICE


Winter Trees


BY WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS

All the complicated details
of the attiring and
the disattiring are completed!
A liquid moon
moves gently among
the long branches.
Thus having prepared their buds
against a sure winter
the wise trees
stand sleeping in the cold.



Today I hope you will indulge me by viewing some of the sights from my walks over the last 2 days.  Our world is dominated by ICE and Cold. We are fortunate to have  electricity...many around us have not.  This weather is hard and troubling.  But it is impossible to ignore the beauty.  So Happy Happiness and come take a walk with me ~~~~

December 24th after nearly and inch of ICE!

A Blade of Grass

An odd cold sky





Our Last Large Elm

These Trees look Sad to me

Especially this one....

Branch loss...there will be great deal of this....








Many Trees are bowing



My Icelander!


A strange day with the sun trying to happen but ground clouds from the ICE dominate 

Beech

Nearly an INCH!




Wild Turkeys came around at dusk...I put out feed for them...maybe they will return tomorrow?


Today~~ December 25th ~~ We have SUN but Bitter Cold!











Grateful for this beauty ~ Grateful for a warm home ~ Grateful to be home with my husband & son for this holiday time.  We will be celebrating quietly.  Today will be like most days we are together.  I believe each day is a gift and I strive to find JOY each and every day ~ so I say Happy Happiness!

But if makes you feel better *** Merry Christmas *** or whatever your tradition may be *** 
I embrace them ALL and send Love & Light to You & Yours ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









No comments:

Post a Comment