Sunday, March 30, 2014

~~~Gratitude~~~ SPRING!



FINALLY! Yes, finally we have some signs of spring around here.  Yesterday was sunny and in the mid 40's so things started to melt.  Hoping the Polar Vortex is ready to hibernate for the spring, summer, autumn!  Runa and I took a nice walk on the road...the land will not be walkable until we have a serious amount of thawing!  Here is some of the sights we enjoyed...


Sap is finally running for our neighbors!


Don't think I have ever been so happy to see our driveway muddy & rutty!!!



  Today's weather is just as wonderful....PLAIN RAIN...not freezing, not sleeting, good old fashion snow eating plain rain!  Runa and I took a walk, we both got soaked but it felt great!  Look out my window and there is it folks...the beginning of bare ground!!



So a great day to run the cookstove...maybe for the last time until fall.  
This fire really great on a raw damp day like today.


I made good use of the cookstove today with a big pot  Beet Borscht using the last of the beets & potatoes from the cold room (link will take you to my recipe). I also cleaned out a stash of grains and flours to may a slow cooking yeast batter bread.  I didn't really keep track of what I did...so sorry no recipe.  It was more of a spontaneous combustion bread idea.                                                                    



So grateful for real signs of spring and the enjoyment of the last of winter activities.  Soon it will be hot to bake bread and simmer a soup all day.  I'll be in the gardens before I know it!  

Happy Happiness Everyone!  Think it is soup time!


It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment