Tuesday, March 25, 2014

~~~Gratitude~~~ a point of view


I don't know if it is the record breaking cold or what....but I just can't seem to keep to my schedule when it comes to blogging or anything these days.  Maybe, I actually have a sort of spring fever?  I am not usually afflicted, the winter loving creature that I am.  But, I am off these days~~~ discombobulated is the word lately.  It was wicked cold yesterday...broke records...below 0...not quite right for this late in March.  A warming trend starts tomorrow...but enough of my excuses!  On to what I intended to write about on Sunday.

If you have been following this blog or know me...you know there has been a 20+ year journey building this house.  This Sunday a turning point has happened.  Well, it didn't really just happen it was created.  This is how our bathroom window has looked for about 20 years...


No trim and exposed insulation.  The funny thing is when folks would come over and I would bemoan the fact that our house wasn't done yet.  They would always look at me quizzically and say, "Your house IS finished".  Then I would counter, "What about the trim in the bathroom?  The windows have exposed fiberglass!"  I would be met with blank stares and I would have to lead them to these windows and point out their unfinishedness!  So only he & me noticed.

It is a tricky place to trim.  We spent many hours over the years discussing how we would go about it.  And then leave it for another day.  Well, the day finally came!  We are determined to finish the bathroom this year and now we are one step closer!  Ta ~ Da!!!



He did a fine job my DH carpenter man, he did!  I think it is lovely.  Some boo-boos happened but with patience & his perfectionism it got done!  But there is more to the story of these windows.  This is the view from our toilet.  A place that if you are honest with yourself can be a place of contemplation.  It is also the only view we have of our pond from the house.  (Solar gain trumped water view).  In my original plan for the house there was only the bigger window (trimming would have been easier) but as the house was being framed 20+ years ago I sat on a box where the toilet would be and stared at the wall.  I realized we needed the little awning window too.  

Imagine this...

without this


Very grateful for this little window.  It is one of my favorites.  The awning aspect allows it to be open most of the summer.  And each morning I peek out to see what might be happening at the pond.  Grateful for another step towards the house really being finished!  Grateful the trim came out so beautifully........another bit of beauty to contemplate ...well...when you know when... ;)



It is my intention, each Sunday, (OR another Day)to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment