Tuesday, March 11, 2014

~~~Gratitude~~~


4 Direction Tree
My last blog was about time....hmmm...Sunday Gratitude on Tuesday Tip Day....I am always thrown for a loop when we have to change the clock.  I don't understand how it saves energy...maybe in a city?  But here the time changes seems to deplete people energy!  But this is Not Gratitude!!!

I try each day to sit and BE quiet.  I won't call it formal meditation, it is just sitting and quieting.  My house buzzzes so I try and go outside for my sitting.  Even with the super cold we have been having I just bundle up.  Also, I sit after I have walked so my body is warm and Runa is satisfied to sniff about.



I have two sitting places right now.  One is this sideways growing old wild apple trees.  It makes for a  lovely bench.  My scarf makes a nice seat cushion and is easy to carry when I walk.  This spot is near the house and I can stare at this beautiful tree.  It is a big old pine with 4 huge trunks coming out of the base.  This tree is a wonderful focal point and helps quiet my mind. I call it the 4 Direction Tree.


My other spot is further in the woods near the spring on this downed old apple tree.  This spot is nice because it faces south and I can enjoy the warmth on my face.  I am grateful for taking time most every day to just sit.  Some days, due to my busy life it is only for a few minutes.  But I find the practice of quieting helps make the busy-ness flow more peacefully.  

Sunshine warms my face & my soul!


MY SITTING DOWN PLACE

I go down to the creek
Where the water gurgles
Joyfully
As it hurries along
Over the shining sand and pebbles
To its destiny
With the sea.
Dappled sunlight
Flits and moves
Across the water,
over the creek bank;
And the birds sing happily
To the accompaniment
Of insects and crickets.
I sit in silence as
I soak it all into my soul.
Peace flows
From the water
To my heart.
Whatever life brings me
I now can face
Because of this,
My sitting down place!


(I know this poem is a bit summery~~but even I could use some seasonal shift at this point!)


Do you have a special place where you sit?

It is my intention, each Sunday, (OR another Day)to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment