Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pause & See ::: a Visitor


Looking out my window right now this is what you would see~~~big, fluffy, wet snowflakes coming down.  9 to 16 inches is the last prediction I saw...I will keep you posted!  I better get this blog done quick...there has been some power flickers already!  This is what I call March Madness!   

But what I want to share with you happened earlier this week.  I went for my walk in the woods without my camera because I was carrying a pack basket full of cracked corn for the wild turkeys.  I have stopped feeding them near the house since the coyotes took all of my ducks.  I figured I was luring their natural prey near my house.  This  made it a bit easier for the coyote family to choose duck for dinner.  



So walking away from the corn I saw these prints!



I went back to the house and got my camera AND a ruler...



MOOSE PRINTS!



Funny thing is my son's guest told us she wanted to see a Moose before she graduated.  I told her it is fairly rare to see a Moose around here.  In 20 years, I have only seen one Moose on this property.  Next day after she left Moose Tracks!  Go figure!  And I am not leaving the camera behind again!  Well, time to batten down the hatches and stare out the window~~Happy Storm!



This is a regular feature on my blog.  I try to see something new each day. The art of seeing is essential to any creative work in my humble opinion.  My favorites are the ones that stop me in my tracks!  Like so many folks I have a very busy mind that I struggle to quiet.  But by creating this practice it has given me many opportunities to pause and be with a new wonder.  I love to wonder about wonders.  These little seeings can be just the jolt my creative process needs to get out of a rut.  But mostly they provide a pause which is that moment of peace I need to heal from a frustration. These seeings are grounding for me and bring me to the present.  I will admit to laughing out loud with joy over some of my discoveries, they are a moment of childlike wonder!  


"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky"             ~~~Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment