Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April IS National Poetry Month!


Yeah Poetry!  I love Poetry and my InJoyEmporium Shop is full of poetry expressions!
I am BUSY!  The SPRING energy has finally hit me!  So zoom ~ zoom!  Feels GREAT!

Yesterday I finally listed this piece of FiberArt   https://www.etsy.com/listing/184748093/natural-white-mix-media-meditation?ref=shop_home_active_1


Robert Lax is one of my favorite poets!


This is a mix media piece honoring part of one his poems. It is made as a kinetic mobile with 6 small panels. The panels are connected with swivels so they turn freely between the text side and the mirror side. The panels text is letterpressed onto cotton with a vintage mirror tile contained by wool batting & sparkly tolle. There are quartz chips, moonstones, & Austrian Crystals to add more shine!

A wonderful meditation on the beauty of life!

[life]
is
no
hol
y

be
cause
it
is

beau
ti
ful

it
is
beau
ti
ful

be
cause
it
is 

hol
y

Robert 
Lax 
     



Robert Lax (1915-2000), was a little known American abstract minimalist poet and spiritual hermit. Lax may be best know for his friendship with the Trappist Monk, Thomas Merton. Though, I wish he could be known more for his own works. Lax wrote many poems but was not well published in the US. I love his writings and hope to bring more of his wonderful poems to light through my art work.


No comments:

Post a Comment