Saturday, July 26, 2014

---Shop News--- Summer Distractions


I have been trying to spend 2 long days a week only working on Etsy, this has been a real challenge.  There are so many distractions!  I am making headway but not at the pace that I desire.  Here is my Thursday this week...supposed to be Etsy all the way but....

I did get this Vintage Spice Rack photographed and listed...
I sewed some eyes and whiskers on these Seal...something new coming to EcoCutie 
& a start cutting flower puppets
 


Then Runa had to out so I walked up to the garden and found an armload of summer squash ready.  One cannot wait when it comes to zucchinis, and the like, or you end up with monsters.  So I got busy blanching.  This is why I have a garden, to put food by.



I had planned to photograph and list these Buntings and all these Tendrils but I lost the light as well as my steam.  At least you can see I have been busy creating!


So I went outside in the little covered patio we call The Bear's Cave.  I thought I would try to do a little Etsy Teams work on my Ipad while enjoying the cooler evening air...until...



...I noticed this reflection in the table top.  I was so pretty. I began to reflect on reflections.  It was such a nice summer evening.  I just got up and began to wander about.






I spent the rest of the evening watching the light fade.  There will be another day to work.  But I wonder if these moments of reflection could really be our true employment.  It certainly makes all the other busy times more worth "wild"...at least for me!



I leave you with this lovely quote by Wendell Berry~~ Love & Light


“There are, it seems, two muses: the Muse of Inspiration, who gives us inarticulate visions and desires, and the Muse of Realization, who returns again and again to say "It is yet more difficult than you thought." This is the muse of form. It may be then that form serves us best when it works as an obstruction, to baffle us and deflect our intended course. It may be that when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work and when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey. The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings.” 
― Wendell Berry



No comments:

Post a Comment