Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day Off

   
Tuesday is supposed to be an Etsy work day but I decided the "staff" needed a day off!  I packed a picnic lunch for me, myself, & I, headed to Belfast for a day out!  I went to Art Galleries and looked at the art very quietly...no Art Walk crowds!  I also, had three great conversations with other humans.  I did not take my camera with me but I have these photos from nearly a month ago when DH & I took a day off... meant to blog about them then but....


We went to the beach!
Then we walked around downtown Rockland, Maine.
Here are some of the sights.



We went to our favorite Rockland gallery, Harbor Square Gallery, that has an awesome rooftop sculpture garden.










Too soon the Day-off ends and the work that needs doing is here to greet me.  Though these respites from work are far and few for me each one is very rejuvenating.  It may be their rarity take increases their impact.  July ends and August begins...really do think I am ready for another beach day...but the beans need picking, zucchinis are invading, photos need editing, puppets want creating ~~~~



A Day Off

Let us put awhile away
All the cares of work-a-day,
For a golden time forget,
Task and worry, toil and fret,
Let us take a day to dream
In the meadow by the stream.

We may lie in grasses cool
Fringing a pellucid pool,
We may learn the gay brook-runes
Sung on amber afternoons,
And the keen wind-rhyme that fills
Mossy hollows of the hills.

Where the wild-wood whisper stirs
We may talk with lisping firs,
We may gather honeyed blooms
In the dappled forest glooms,
We may eat of berries red
O'er the emerald upland spread.

We may linger as we will
In the sunset valleys still,
Till the gypsy shadows creep
From the starlit land of sleep,
And the mist of evening gray
Girdles round our pilgrim way.

We may bring to work again
Courage from the tasselled glen,
Bring a strength unfailing won
From the paths of cloud and sun,
And the wholesome zest that springs
From all happy, growing things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment