Sunday, July 13, 2014

~~~Gratitude~~~ a question?



Summer is in full swing here...which doesn't leave much time for swinging on my swing....

Anyways, I have been a bit remiss when it has come to blogging.  I hope this post will bring things up to date...a bit.  But, first I would like to share some thoughts I have been having.  Recently, my son asked me if I have always wanted to live in the country?  He has the desire for a city life...he thinks the life of his folks is filled with simply too much work!  So I have been thinking about that question and the answer is....YES!  I grew up on the edge of suburbia.  We had a big yard with a variety of trees, there was a big vacant lot across the busy street for most of my childhood.  Houses pretty much filled up every speck of land around me by the time I was 18.  But, I spent my childhood out of doors being with nature.  I was the only one in my family who tried to grow vegetables.   I would go into the vacant lot woods and sit by a tree all day and just watch the insects trundle by.  It is what I love!  As far as the work goes, I told my son that it is all a choice.  No one has asked me to grow food or build trails.  I do it because I want to do it.  My husband and I have been questioning our lifestyle, with our son in college we could consider something else.  We have been wondering if we have enough fun and relaxation.  We guess work is "fun", it feels good to accomplish "stuff".  We do relax...it might not be noticeable to our son since he has a different idea about how fun and relaxation look.  I am grateful for his question. It has been a good thing to contemplate during this crazy, busy time called summer.  The reflection has given me a lot of peace and more awareness towards my actual enjoyment of my chosen lifestyle.

So here is some of the fun that has been going on~~~




Summer potatoes and Garlic Garden...see the little shed way over there...?  I have a barrel of compost tea over there.  I decided the garlic could use some of that juice...so 10 trips with 2 water cans back and forth was my workout for that day...who needs a gym!?


Some years ago I got 3 mulberry trees for joining the National Arbor Day Foundation.  They have berries this year for the first time!  A bit sweet...I think I will share them with the birds but it is FUN to have a nibble every time I walk by!


Beetle time...so each morning I enjoy walking through all my gardens checking and plucking beetles.  Those little critters allow me to see things I might have missed if I wasn't out and about during those times.


Happy to report NO stinky squash bugs...so far...they are my least favorite insect!


So fun to pretend I am in California by growing Artichokes!



Rye cut down by my DH so I could mulch the winter potatoes...straw is like gold to me!


Speaking of gold...a very early pepper!



Cukes are getting a grip!


Can barely wait for the first ripe tomato!


In the meantime, enjoying the first ripe blueberries!


I AM surrounded by beauty and wonder...life is very good!



There maybe a time when a metamorphosis will need to happen in my life but, for NOW I am content.  Hard work..yes...but the rewards are priceless...like an evening with the "Super Moon" and fireflies~~~~~~



~~~
It is my intention, each week, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment