Thursday, July 10, 2014

Keeping Cool


HELLO!  Guess I have been away for awhile...sorry!  It has been hot and/or busy.  On the hot days I am too hot to blog...on the not hot days I am too busy to blog.  I may be catching up...???? Well, not really...don't think that will ever happen!

Wondering what this contraption is all about?  This is one of the ways we beat the heat around here.  At least it helps keep the house cooler.  It is pretty simple and low tech.  We bungee corded a box fan to the grate that usually lets the heat from the woodstove in the cellar up into the house.  I the summer the fan blows the cooler basement air into the house.  Plus it is a really nice place to stand on a wicked hot day!







It was my idea ~ but ~ DH wired an outlet and a switch to make it easy to turn on and off.



I will be back soon with more of what has been happening!  But back to working in the gardens now.  Hope you are staying cool wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment