Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A "day" at the beach~~~


Last Friday was the Vernal Equinox....but spring is still in question here in Maine!  Since the day was warmer than bitter cold I decided to head to the coast for a beach moment.  I craved walking on thawed ground.  The little town beach in Searsport is one of my favorite nearby bits of coast. I had the beach all to my Self...go figure!  The steps down to the beach were still snow filled (those are handrails in the photo...not ankle rails!).  I had come prepared with my handy neoprene muck boots,  so no worries.




I meandered for a time and enjoyed the sound of waves, wind, & seagulls.  
It was good to feel salt air on my face.  
I hadn't been to coast since last fall.  




 ice edge


Of course, I was looking for sea glass. I found some nice pieces.  This purple pieces was my most exciting find!  The tide was very low on account of the New Moon.  I walked on parts of the beach I had never been before.  I would have stayed longer but I admit to getting quite cold.  Chilled to the bone but refreshed by the sea.



Here is poem I love by the beloved, Pablo Neruda

The Sea
I need the sea because it teaches me.
I don’t know if I learn music or awareness,
if it’s a single wave or its vast existence,
or only its harsh voice or its shining
suggestion of fishes and ships.
The fact is that until I fall asleep,
in some magnetic way I move in
the university of the waves.
It’s not simply the shells crunched
as if some shivering planet
were giving signs of its gradual death;
no, I reconstruct the day out of a fragment,
the stalactite from the sliver of salt,
and the great god out of a spoonful.
What it taught me before, I keep. It’s air
ceaseless wind, water and sand.
It seems a small thing for a young man,
to have come here to live with his own fire;
nevertheless, the pulse that rose
and fell in its abyss,
the crackling of the blue cold,
the gradual wearing away of the star,
the soft unfolding of the wave
squandering snow with its foam,
the quiet power out there, sure
as a stone shrine in the depths,
replaced my world in which were growing
stubborn sorrow, gathering oblivion,
and my life changed suddenly:
as I became part of its pure movement.

~~~~~~~~~~~My Lively Life~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fiber Art, Weaving, Hand Spun

Hand Made Eco and Upcycled Cutie Buntings, Clothes, & Toys

Vintage Collectibles, Buttons, Clothing & MORE! 

Sea Glass & Copper Wire Ornaments with things I have gathered

My Blog~~Makings, Musings, &  Lifestyle on the Land:  


"Be Joyful because it is humanly possible"~~~Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment