Tuesday, January 6, 2015

---Shop News--- Buy a Haiku ~ Get TWO!



Makers can be a little obsessive.  That is how so much gets done!  But, sometimes, maybe, a maker goes off the charts a bit.  I sort of over estimated how "popular" Haiku would be on Etsy.  Personally, I adore Haiku.  As far as I am concerned, it is the quintessential form of poetry.   I love the rhythm of the 5 - 7 - 5 syllables.  I will clap them when I am creating a Haiku.  The structure is like weaving but the subtle meaning is like the heather of handspun hand dyed wool.  Well, anyways, that is what inspired me to make so many! 

I have been running a buy one get on free until they expire or are sold out.  I have 12 left in my shop right now.  If you want to get some before they are gone I will GIVE you 2 extra Weavette Haikus when you buy ONE for only $8.00!  Just mention BLOG in the note to the seller at checkout.  You will get 3 Weavette Haikus for the Price of ONE!  Each will be different.  



These sweet little hangings are handwoven on a weavette loom with my handspun yarn. A traditional Japanese Haiku is digitally printed on to vintage cotton and sewn to the woven piece with a 1957 vintage sewing machine.





~~~~~~~~~~~My Lively Life~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fiber Art, Weaving, Hand Spun

Hand Made Eco and Upcycled Cutie Buntings, Clothes, & Toys

Vintage Collectibles, Buttons, Clothing & MORE! 

Sea Glass & Copper Wire Ornaments with things I have gathered

My Blog~~Makings, Musings, &  Lifestyle on the Land:  


"Be Joyful because it is humanly possible"~~~Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment