Friday, August 1, 2014

~~~Gratitude~~~ Gardens & Garlic



My Favorite Flower


The height of summer is upon us!  Gardens are full of abundance.  Today was Garlic harvesting day.  I start pulling a few garlic bulbs to sort of test their readiness around about now.  The tops will start looking dry with bits of yellow when the garlic has pretty much finished growing.  You don't want to wait too long or the bulbs will start to open up if this happens they won't cure or store well.  If you have a few like that just use them first.


This my Garlic patch ~ Multi tasking time weed & harvest!

It is a great harvest this year!  I timed my pulling just right!  After the downpours we have had the ground was soft and made the pulling so much easier!  I got 2 wheelbarrow loads!!  Have I mentioned we all love Garlic in this house!  I will have plenty for the winter & planting this fall.  I am excited and GRATEFUL! 



Next onto the drying racks to start the curing.  Once they are pretty dry I will cut the tops off and let them dry again before storing them in the cellar for the winter...oh yum Garlic Soup...to cure whatever ails us!



Tomorrow I don my helmet and weed whack while my DH does the mowing!


Once the garlic was harvested and I had a bit of a rest and swim I did some hoeing to get ready for grass clippings.  Then I found all this good food!  The fruits of my labors!





I love asparagus
& her cousins,
garlic & onions.
I want to lie in a bed with them,
rub them all over me,
roll in the shoots,
chomp cloves
& peel some layers 
for an eternity.


~~~
It is my intention, each week, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment