Saturday, February 16, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~


WINTER!



I am hearing a longing for spring from many folks in my life and out in the blogosphere.  There is seems to be a general fatigue out and about.  A real tiredness of the short days and long nights.  Not for me, I LOVE winter! This time of year I become a bit anxious that winter will be ending.  I start missing the long nights as the daylight increases. I become fretful over winter projects that have not found there end.  Don't get me wrong I love the other seasons but, winter is my favorite.  It may be because I grew up in the PNW where winters are truly dark with drizzle.  I never cease to be  dazzled by the brightness of a snow covered sunny day in Maine!  I love the shift in energy towards creative endeavors without all the distractions of garden chores.  I feel energized by the cold vs. spring dampness and summer humidity.  Winter is the reward after the autumn push to "get ready".  It is the quiet after the holiday hoopla. I am so grateful to be living in a place that has winter, winter.  So relishing the winter still to come and preparing for the changes that are beginning to emerge.

Some  Beauty from this Winter

BLINDING WILD SNOW
BLOWS, WHIRLS & DRIFTS ABOUT ME...
IN THIS WORLD ALONE
Chora








Pussy WIllows
Close your eyes
And do not peek
And I’ll rub Spring
Across your cheek...
Aileen Fisher




It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment