Sunday, January 6, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~

Right Out My Back Door


I am very grateful that I can snow shoe right out my back door.  It is one of my favorite winter activities.  I have a great snow shoe set up from LL Beans.  With the special boots I can just step into the snow shoes and go!  Runa loves how quick I am ready.  It is such a great activity.  Low cost, no lift lines, and right out the door.

I had my first snow shoe experience on my 12th birthday in the Cascades Mountains of Washington State.  My dad and 3 sisters went on a organized snow shoe hike.  After the hike my dad gave me a pair of wooden beaver-tail gut snow shoes.  Best gift ever!  When we would go skiing as a family I would often take off into the woods on my snow shoes.  I loved the solitude and the closeness to nature.  I often wandered pretty far off but just followed my tracks back.  I have always felt most comfortable in the woods alone.

Now I don't need to wait until the weekend ski trip to head out into the woods.  Just have to wait for snow!  I try to snow shoe everyday that conditions allow.  Happy Winter!!!


Let's Get Going~~~Put that Camera Away~~~says Runa
View from my Back Door




It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment