Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gratitude


I am grateful for the many great thinkers and teacher throughout time. Seems when I need words of wisdom I find them.   I was a bit out of sorts so I started reading my collected Merton quotes and this one popped!
Thomasmerton“Finally I am coming to the conclusion that my highest ambition is to be what I already am. That I will never fulfill my obligation to surpass myself unless I first accept myself, and if I accept myself fully in the right way, I will already have surpassed myself.”
– Thomas Merton, Journal
, October 2, 1958



I have a Reiki Practice.   I have been putting myself out there more in order to expand my work.   Sometimes the work is judged and I feel challenged.  But it is a part of "what I already am".  
So with acceptance I continue and open to the possibilities.  Thanks Thomas!





No comments:

Post a Comment