Sunday, December 23, 2012

~~~Gratitude~~~


"If we are to create peace in our world, we must begin with our children."
Mahatma Gandhi


I am Grateful to have raised a son to nearly age 18.  I am Grateful for all the children that have flowed through my life.  In light of the recent events in Connecticut I cannot help but be a part of the collective grief.  I think the most awful thing must be to lose a child.   I do not just consider the children that were killed at Sandy Hook, I feel for all the losses across the world.  Whether it is "collateral damage" during times of war, famine, or diseases like aids each loss is no less painful to the ones who love their children.  And too the teachers who lost their lives I honor their power of love for children.  Many parents, myself included, know in our heart of hearts we would give our own life to spare our child's.  Maybe we can take some of that energy of sacrifice and do more to make this world a safer more peaceful place.  PEACE~~~let it begin with me.

In quiet tribute I share some of my many happy memories I have experienced raising my son.  My heart goes out to all of those folks who have lost the possibilities of such joys.















It is my intention to share each Sunday something that fills me with Gratitude.  I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~!  I hope you will join me and share what fills you with gratitude and how it has changed your moment. Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste' ~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment