Sunday, December 30, 2012

~~~Gratitude~~~




SNOW!

I am Grateful for SNOW!  I love snow!!! We finally had a good storm this past week.  Now my world is a wintry wonderland!   I love being able to go out my back door and snow shoe right into the woods.  I love the light that is created by the white world.  I love the kind of quiet I experience in my little frosty domain.  

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest.  I seldom experienced snow in my backyard.  Snow required a 2 hour drive to the Cascade Mountains for skiing on the weekend. I know a lot of folks that are affected by the low winter light here in Maine.  But for me winter is brilliant.  The snow makes the world blindingly bright!  Even after 30 years in Maine I remember the long gray rainy winters of Washington.  I will take the cold, the ice, the shoveling, the tricky travel all in exchange for snow!




Winter Trees

All the complicated details
of the attiring and
the disattiring are completed!
A liquid moon
moves gently among
the long branches.
Thus having prepared their buds
against a sure winter
the wise trees
stand sleeping in the cold.































It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude's. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment