Monday, August 4, 2014

☼ Forest & Field Happenings ☼


A lot was accomplished over the past several days.  I have a little time to reflect and catch my breath.  I even took a relaxing early morning walk on Sunday.  I am not usually a morning person but sometimes when the need arises to rise early I try to make the best of it.  I went around the back field and noted with pleasure the multitudes of milkweed.  I am hoping to see some Monarch butterflies.  My field used to swarm with them but our mowing practices set the Milkweed back.  We do not plan to have large animals so we are mowing later in order to help these troubled butterflies with a bit of habitat.


I took sometime to just sit and calm my mind that is so busy with lists of things to do...


 Sat Here

Looked There


In Other News...can you see what's wrong with this picture?  11 ducks not 12 :(  I suspect a Great Horned Owl.  I have been hearing one hoot, hoot, hooting during the day.  It happened during the day and there are no signs of struggle.  It was one of the smaller ducks which I think an Owl could carry.  Oh well~~


Added extra bird scare tape over their little pond.  Hoping for the best!


Oats & Peas cover crop coming in nicely!


Grass Clipping Galore after Saturday's mowing...Mulch, Mulch, Mulch!


 Fun to go shopping with a wheelbarrow....Munch, Munch, Munch!



Garden Art!




Cute Curly Cuke 

No comments:

Post a Comment