Tuesday, February 4, 2014

***Tuesday's Tip***


This is nothing new under the sun but, it is the first time I have tried it, vinegar AND orange.  I have tried using just plain vinegar for cleaning and I can't say I have been altogether satisfied.  A couple of weeks ago we had some beautiful navel oranges so I decided to save the peels and give this a try.  The guys here didn't always remember to leave me out the peels so I had to pick some out of the compost bucket and rinse off the coffee grounds....anyways this is what I did...


I packed a quart jar full of orange peels.  Then I poured vinegar into the jar until peels were covered.  I put a date on the lid that was 2 weeks down the road and set the jar in a sunny window and waited.


This last weekend a bit more than 2 weeks had passed.  I had saved & rinsed  an empty cleaning spray bottle to reuse for this purpose.  I used a sieve and a funnel to pour my vinegar/orange liquid into the bottle.


Ok now the test!  I cleaned my whole kitchen with it...it worked beautifully!  It sure feel better using something I could drink all around my cooking surfaces!  Check out my oven hood...a tough spot due to oil splatter....


I even tried it on my wood work...GREAT for the daily grime!  This morning I cleaned the tub.  I let it set on the ring around the tub for a few minutes then wiped.  Took a smidge more elbow grease but, well worth it for the $$$ savings as well the kindness to our Earth!  My only regret is I didn't make more.  Still smells like vinegar but not so strong and the odor does not linger.  Very Happy!


Here is my favorite REUSABLE cleaning cloth. 
(I am not a fan of paper towels for day to day use)  
This cloth is an 18+ year old baby spit-up cloth.  I am down to my last 2.  
They work great and do not leave lint behind. So good for glass!  
Oh...need to try this mix on windows...
Better add Oranges to the shopping list!


Do you have any Earth Friendly Cleaning Tips?  I would love to hear about them!

HAPPY EARTH FRIENDLY CLEANING!

No comments:

Post a Comment