Monday, November 18, 2013

~~~GRATITUDE~~~




DONE!

Well, sort of...We need to get some white caulk to finish around the glass blocks..but that should only take about 20 minutes.  Have to wait for a bit more than a week so the grout can cure before I can have my first shower in 69 days!  "Done" only relates to the shower.  There is still a bunch more to do before we are done, done, with the bathroom.  Such as build a new vanity and install a new toilet.  Yes folks, our toilet is being held together with duct tape!  But we need to lay the new floor before the toilet is installed (we own the new throne...and we have a plan B is the duct tape doesn't hold).


But before we do the floor we need to skirt the tub and put the tile around the tub...but first we have to trim out the windows and the walls....you get the picture.  But first, first, we need to take a bit of a break.  


This tub is not new.  We installed it back in 1992 when we started building this house.  We used the very last of our building funds to buy this tub.  Good thing too, it has saved us from many aches and pains primarily brought on by building!  We moved into this house the fall of 1992.  There were plywood floors and pink panther wallpaper <---that means just insulation and no sheet rock.  We have been finishing it ever since.  

Most of the construction has been done just by my DH and I.  We did hire a super guy, Mike, for 5 weeks to help with the heavy framing.  We had an electrician do the service entrance but we did the rest of the wiring and all our plumbing that didn't require heavy equipment (like the well & septic).  I am the one who designed this house.  In the town where we live one is not required to have blueprint...good thing too because I went to an architect back in the day and he wanted to design something completely different!  So I got out the old graph paper and a big fat book on carpentry (pre-internet...we used books then!) and drew up the plans, made the lumber and supply lists, and was the general carpenters helper.  I am able to see things in 3-D, my DH does not but, he is gifted at the mechanics of things like how to raise a gigantic scary walls (not the one pictured...still have dreams!).  Funny thing was every time a wall would go up he would say, "Oh so that is how it is going to look."  We make a very good team, our talents complement each other well.  And over the years we have learned to work better and better together. We have had our moments, building together is probably one of the most challenging things for a couple to do.  So I am Grateful the shower is done and I feel even closer to the one I am building my life with!!


Here is Our First Wall Going UP on the Garage


We framed and boarded the garage with lumber from the trees that were standing on our house site.  I love the energy of those trees still being here! 


Smiling back in 1992 ~ Still Smiling Today!


It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 


~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment