Sunday, February 8, 2015

~~~Gratitude~~~ Health


As of today, I have been home for 15 day without leaving!  My record is 16 days and it looks like I will beat that this week.  I try to go to town once a week to swim at the Y, do errands, and be with other people.  But everyday that I could leave lately, I have either been bound here by a snow storm or by the lack of a plowed driveway.  I am not complaining, just sharing an interesting fact about my existence.  I do not feel cabin fever at all.  I have been quite busy. I also, I maintain my sanity by getting outside each and everyday.  


My chosen fun activity is snowshoeing, as you know if you follow this blog.  You will also be aware of the fact that we have quite a bit of snow.  A few days ago I blogged about my snowshoes here: http://injoyemporium.blogspot.com/2015/01/snow-snow-snowshoes-x3.html  I talked about our old gut snowshoes that have been on the wall for years.  Well, folks they are off the wall!  The snow is too deep for my lightweight modern shorties.  So I have been packing trails with the old gut ones.  I have been packing down a bit every other day and using the light ones on the off days.  It is a pretty good workout!  These snowshoes are 60 inches long...yes 5 feet!  I am 5 feet 8 inches.  Each step includes a bit of snow lifting.  I have to say it is fun to be using them again!  They are quiet and beautiful.  I feel connected with days gone by~~~

We purchased these snowshoes December 1979 at Ed's Surplus, Lynnwood, Washington for $39.99 each.  At the time it was a pretty good chunk of change for us.  We had just returned from a hitch hiking trip around Alaska and the Yukon.  We had made vows of relationship commitment while we were there and these were "wedding" gifts to our Selves.  


Here are some scenes from todays snowshoe....







Unbroken Trail

Turning Around with these Shoes is an Interesting Side Step Dance!

After Turning I Go back and Re-Pack

A Nice bit of Trail....Until the Next Storm!




I Am GRATEFUL for my Healthy Body that Allows me to Snowshoe!
Today I know my heart is healthy...
I nearly stepped on a Ruffed Grouse that exploded into the air out of the snow!!!






It is my intention, each week, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your moments of Gratitude. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~

No comments:

Post a Comment