Wednesday, February 25, 2015

CHOOSE


This is right out my window just moments ago.  Yes, more snow.  I have noticed a lot of sighing on my part, lately.  Winter is a bit wearisome this year.  But it could be worse...like ICE.  With all the snow and wind we have been fortunate to never lose power.  Yes, my right elbow is a bit tender from all the shoveling...but this too shall pass.  Last night I decided to fall in love with winter again so I watched The Snowman by Raymond Briggs on YouTube. My VCR from my sons youth is long gone but with the magic of the internet & electricity I was able to revisit this joy!  It reminded me of the beauty and magic of snow and like everything it is only transitory.  So if you are in a part of the world where snow is getting you down I recommend your favorite beverage and this 26 minutes of charm & delight.  OR maybe you are in a place that longs for snow, then the same prescription!


Also...I want to make it perfectly clear that I love living here in Maine.  I, actually, cannot imagine living anywhere else.  This poem came to my inbox this morning.   I love the expression of choice.  I wholeheartedly chose to live here. And last night I chose to fall in love with winter again!

I
I didn't fall in love with you.
I walked into love with you, 
with my eyes wide open,
choosing to take
every step along the way.
I do believe in fate and destiny,
but I also believe
We are only fated
to do things 
that we'd choose anyway.
And I'd choose you;
in a hundred lifetimes,
in a hundred worlds,
in any version of reality,
I'd find you.
and I'd choose you.




A bit more of snowy loveliness 




~~~~~~~~~~~My Lively Life~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fiber Art, Weaving, Hand Spun

Hand Made Eco and Upcycled Cutie Buntings, Clothes, & Toys

Vintage Collectibles, Buttons, Clothing & MORE! 

Sea Glass & Copper Wire Ornaments with things I have gathered

My Blog~~Makings, Musings, &  Lifestyle on the Land:  


"Be Joyful because it is humanly possible"~~~Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment