Sunday, December 8, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~ Nelson Mandela


"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right."





How can I not turn my thoughts of gratitude towards this great man that has left our world.  I am grateful that I lived through the time to see the end of the South African Apartheid.  I am grateful that I was a part of the American movement that helped free Nelson Mandela from prison.  My actions were small but they were still actions.  I am a firm believer that no action is too small or insignificant.  It has been my experience during my 50+ years on this earth that one thing leads to another.  A small bit of peace work can can lead to a whole lifestyle change that is better for the planet and the human race.  

Recently, a friend pointed out to me that the word human originally was spelled humane. If we each would meditate on that idea, with conviction, that our identification means kindness.  It is daunting to think that anyone of us can fill the shoes of the great leaders of our race.  But, there is no chance without some small effort.  I believe that finest way we can honor Nelson Mandela is to find ways in our life to be as humane a human as possible.




"In this life we cannot do great things.

We can only do small things with great love."




Mother Teresa





1. Human, humane  may refer to that which is, or should be, characteristic of human beings. In thusdescribing characteristics, human  may refer to good and bad traits of a person alike ( human kindness;human weakness ). When emphasis is placed upon the latter, human  is thought of as contrasted to divine:To err is human, to forgive divine. He was only human. Humane  (the original spelling of human,  and since 1700restricted in meaning) takes into account only the nobler or gentler aspects of people and is oftencontrasted to their more ignoble or brutish aspect. A humane  person is benevolent in treating fellowhumans or helpless animals; the word once had also connotations of courtesy and refinement (hence, theapplication of humane  to those branches of learning intended to refine the mind).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/human?s=t



“Relax,” “Slow down,” “Simplify,” “Love everyone unconditionally.” Robert Lax



It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment