Friday, October 18, 2013

34

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MzQ0Mzg3MTh8MjcyNTEzMTM5Mg/its-my-anniversary?ref=pr_treasury

Can you guess what year?  I have never been much for games or beating around the bush.  I am more likely to get in trouble for telling it like it is...at least the IS that is my IS.  So today I have been with my partner in life creation for 34 years.  Our "marriage" was not the conventional sort.  No one on Etsy would have made any money from my getting hitched.  34 years ago today we said vows to each other on beach in Douglas Alaska with our only witness a scrappy little sled dog pup, named Kavik, that joined us during a hitchhiking trip arounds Alaska.   Later, before we bought land together we became legal...I don't remember the day or the year...July I think...it only cost $10 for the marriage license...that much a do remember.  And my husbands buddy from his high school days was our witness then.

It hasn't always been smooth sailing for 34 years, it has been a growth process...Earth School, Baby!  Like I said I don't care for games (as a kid I thought board games were bored games) So during challenges I could go right for the juggler of truth...not always pleasant. Neither of us quit anything easily and we are both deeply loyal people...sometimes to a fault but that is how we roll.   Our marriage has been based on choice.  That was our vow to each other~~~ we both said that, I know I could choose a life partner from a multitude  of different people and have a great life but, I choose you!  So during the rough times reflection on our choice brought us out of whatever trouble we may have had.

We were together 15 years before our son was born.  Now with the boyo happily starting his life we look forward to what comes next!  We are much more discerning now.  We waste very little time being "mad" at each other...now we choose to be "mad" about each other.  The truth is the other aspect of our life together that has kept us together is, well, I like to say sometimes that we fell in lust with each other...we were pretty young!

So here is my favorite lust poem....

Wild nights - Wild nights! (269)

BY EMILY DICKINSON
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile - the winds -
To a Heart in port -
Done with the Compass -
Done with the Chart!

Rowing in Eden -
Ah - the Sea!
Might I but moor - tonight -
In thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment