Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pause & See




Many folks I know dread the shortening days that start with dark mornings.  I welcome the shift!  I tend be a late night reader and the mornings come all to quick and bright.  Depending on the day I have two very reliable alarm clocks...one brings me coffee the other wakes me with fuzzy wet kisses...at 6:00 AM SHARP...with no consideration for how good the book I was reading the previous night!

This morning it was a fuzzy kiss and a thumping tail that brought me out of my dreams.  From where I lay my head I can just see a sliver of an eastern window.  It was a deep magenta....I haven't seen the sunrise for a whole summer.  So since my companion needed to go out......

Well, I missed the magenta but I know the days will continue to shorten and I will soon meet a sanguine sky.  Here is some of my morning walk...never leaving the land where I live.



My Sunrise

The chirp of birds in the early morning
Bless my smiles with their innocent calling
I head outside with my blanket wrapped around
And lay there listening to this memorable sound.

Inspiring orange light of dawn, infatuating
With all colours the sun rise is portraying
Its cheerful glow fills my heart with serenity
And takes me to a tranquil fantasy.

Amaranth red shimmers of vitality
Creating the most curing reality
Shines transparently through my soul
And takes me to a place so beautiful.

Hues emphasise pure yellow rays of hope
That warms my aura lost in the clouds reflective pink coat
This morning ambience has risen bright
Like heaven shone down with its piercing light.

There will be no melancholy, only a feeling so gay
Because my sun, you've just started my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment