Saturday, July 13, 2013

~~~Gratitude~~~!


Some days are just perfect~~~so there is nothing to feel but deeply grateful.


I lead two friends to a beach that I have known and love for many years with many folks.  It was the first time my gal pals have ever been to this lovely bit of Maine coast, which made the adventure that extra bit more special!

I am so grateful that this place on earth is only an hour from my Freedom paradise.  I am very much of the earth but there is a siren of the sea that calls continuously to the mermaid that lives inside of me.  YES! if I could be mythological creature it would be the mermaid.  I was able to wet my scales with swim after swim in these salty waters of the Penobscot Bay.  Some swimmer go inch by inch into the ocean...most that I have encountered but, me I know only one way~~~dive~dive~dive!


We have had many days of damp, humidity, and rain here in Maine.  This was perfect weather beach day.  Just warm enough to swim, just cool enough to lay on the beach in comfort.  An elixir for the dampen soul.


A day at the beach

A day at the beach
~
the sun reflections danced in the sea
seagulls squawked overhead
children laughed and played in the tide
running back and forth to picnics
it was a busy day and plenty on offer
the crowd moved along in a steady pace
finding places to sit and rest
some read while others watched
a few did nothing at all but lay there
all beneath a clear blue sky
beautiful and vast almost endless
a gentle wind eased the heat of day
rolling from the sea over sands
ice cream and cold drinks on order
applied to chill the rest
it was a beautiful postcard day
in a summer well spent 




Our little "camp" on the beach.  We were nearly the last to leave...

Drift Cloth~~~A first for me in beach combing~~the seaweed was attached~left the seaweed brought home the cloth~
it will find a new life beyond drifting at sea!



Then in the evening light the snails started to move.  
Everywhere we look snail trails and little creatures in search of something.  
I found their paths and shadows just fascinating!

Ahhh...the search...the path...




Considering the Snail

BY THOM GUNN
The snail pushes through a green
night, for the grass is heavy
with water and meets over
the bright path he makes, where rain
has darkened the earth’s dark. He
moves in a wood of desire,

pale antlers barely stirring
as he hunts. I cannot tell
what power is at work, drenched there
with purpose, knowing nothing.
What is a snail’s fury? All
I think is that if later

I parted the blades above
the tunnel and saw the thin
trail of broken white across
litter, I would never have
imagined the slow passion
to that deliberate progress.



~~~now rejuvenated and ready to return to the earth~~~
hoeing, weeding, and harvesting

 It is my intention, each Sunday, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your gratitude moments. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment