Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pause & See

 Stopped in My Tracks

Do you see it?
This a regular feature I plan to include in this blog.  I try to see something new each day.  It is part of my practice in "seeing".  The art of seeing is essential to any creative work in my humble opinion.  My favorites are the ones that stop me in my tracks!  Like so many folks I have a very busy mind that I struggle to quiet.  But by creating this practice it has given me many opportunities to pause and be with a new wonder.  I love to wonder about wonders.  These little seeings can be just the jolt my creative process needs to get out of a rut.  But mostly they provide a pause which is that moment of peace I need to heal from a frustration. These seeings are grounding for me and bring me to the present.  I will admit to laughing out loud with joy over some of these discoveries. They are a moment of childlike wonder!  

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky"             ~~~Buddha
 
 




I was scurrying down my trails with my mind on my future tasks of the day.  Then I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye this pine cone wedged into a bit of snag. I must have walked by it many times without seeing it.  It has a some spider web on it so it has been there awhile.  I walk this way nearly everyday.  So it makes me wonder what else I am not seeing.  How did it get there?  Was it the wind that put it there by chance.  Or did some show off squirrel stash it there for all to "see".  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment