Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pause & See ~ Morning Light


I love the shortening days and the opportunity to see the sunrise at a reasonable hour.  I have to admit I was a bit grumbly this morning.  I awoke to the sound of rain.  Somehow my forecast hadn't included rain for today.  You see, I did 6 loads of laundry yesterday thinking this would be my last outside line drying time for a while.  I had thought it would be dry today...oh bother.  Guess it is going to get a few rain rinses.  When I went to take Runa out I saw this beautiful sky!  Grumblies were all gone!  I ran and got my camera.  Wearing my robe and muck boots I ventured out into the cold drizzle to get a better view across the field.



It was breath taking~~~





I stood there just soaking it all in and watched the light come on.  There was a soft drizzle and I was getting a bit chilled.  I started think about my morning coffee and turned to head back to the house.  This is what was behind me ~~~ A spectacular rainbow!







I no longer felt the cold.  It was just so beautiful!  I took a stroll down to the pond to see.....







My camera does not do the sight justice.  The sun shone on the autumn leaves at just the perfect angle to create a burst of golden light.  Longfellow's Poem speaks to this moment so very well...


The Rainbow

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky;
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 


I try to see something new each day. The art of seeing is essential to any creative work in my humble opinion.  My favorites are the ones that stop me in my tracks!  Like so many folks I have a very busy mind that I struggle to quiet.  By creating this practice it has given me many opportunities to pause and be with a new wonder.  I love to wonder about wonders.  These little seeings can be just the jolt my creative process needs to get out of a rut.  But mostly, they provide a pause which is that moment of peace I need to heal from a frustration. These seeings are grounding for me and bring me to the present.  I will admit to laughing out loud with joy over some of my discoveries, they are a moments of childlike wonder!  


"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky"             ~~~Buddha



2 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful! I find myself enjoying the displays that Autumn provides more so than the height of summer. There is so much more depth to Autumn - colors, textures, and amazing skies! Thanks for putting on those boots and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Autumn! I agree there is depth to this time of year. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Glad you enjoyed. <3

      Delete