Thursday, November 6, 2014

~~Gratitude~~

 There is a saying in Maine, "if you don't like the weather...wait a minute!"  Well, the last several days proved that adage to be true!  It started on Saturday the 1st of November with our first hard frost!  This is one of the latest frosts that I can remember.

I


I got the very last of my garden work done that day.  Liming & leaf mulching the lavender!

The Ducks enjoyed the day even with the frostiness. Good thing because, the next day turned into what I am calling Insta-Winter ......




Sunday started out with a few flakes.  Then the snow really started to pick-up soon followed by the wind.  So I filled the tub and any other water containers I could find.  By late afternoon we had a blizzard on our hands!


View out the sewing room window ~ Buntings at Etsy
Ducks did NOT mind the storm!  We tried to herd them in but they won't go until they were ready...after dark!
These photos don't really show the big blow that happened after dark. Speaking of dark we lost our power at 4:00pm Sunday afternoon.  We didn't get it back until Tuesday evening at 5:00pm.  49 hours without power really made me feel grateful for electricity.  I had plenty of off the grid activities to keep me occupied.  But, the power outage had the affect of discombobulating me.  I just couldn't get organized...so I organized along with a little therapeutic dusting.  I am never a spring cleaner, spring is time to get outside.  But when the weather brings me inside I get the urge to cleanse my nest.  While I was cleaning DH was plowing!






 2 days without power makes it pretty easy to reflect on Gratitude.  Grateful for showers, the use of the oven, lights at night.  But, also, grateful for our systems that make a power outage a bit more bearable. We have wood stoves to keep us warm, a generator so I won't lose all my garden goodness from my 2 chest freezers.  And of coarse, I found time to be grateful for all the beauty around me.


Today feels like spring!  The 12+ inches of snow is nearly gone and the temperature is mild.  I am all caught up with the post power outage chores like... since I emptied the refrigerator I might as well clean it.  Now back to Etsy work and blogging.  I am enjoying the shift in the seasons.  It is good to be done in the gardens...though I have to admit I have been looking at the FEDCO tree catalog and thinking about a few things for next year...ahh me!
~~~
It is my intention, each week, to share something that fills me with Gratitude. 
I write ~~~Gratitude~~~ with the wavy lines to represent the gratitude ENERGY~~~~~! 
I hope you will join me and share your moments of Gratitude. 
~~~Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste'~~~

2 comments:

  1. Snow is just so beautiful to look at, but it can cause inconveniences. Glad your ducks enjoyed it! My Corgis always love it - makes old dogs act like puppies again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Runa, the Icelandic Sheepdog, loves the snow too! It was quite a duck rodeo me trying to get them inside....one duck spent the whole night out in the blizzard and was no worse for wear the next day...time for me to stop worrying about the ducks! Lol

      Delete