Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Change



Another grey, murky day in Maine.  The weather forecast is predicting a change and the sooner the better as far as I am concerned!  My gardens are suffering, slugs, mildew, and blight.  I am looking forward to fall!  The first signs are starting to appear.  Asters are in bloom and the wild apple trees are loaded.  This little tree's apples are pretty good.  Looks like I'll get some applesauce this year!
 

A bit of natural spookiness too!  Dreaming of halloween! 


My Etsy life in a bit of an uproar.  I am in the process of emptying my 2 rooms so we can continue the cork flooring project.  It is quite a project!  It is always amazing during a move all the discoveries one makes.  Definitely using the process as an opportunity to purge physically and metaphorically.  I plan to make some changes in the coming year.  I have been photographing tons of vintage items so I can keep listing during the construction time.  I will be setting up my sewing machine so I can sew but something tells me between harvest & floor laying I won't get too much done.  I have set up my office in the living room.  I hope to stay in touch and share some to the floor work.  Here are some photos of some new vintage finds as well as the moving in progress!

I am keeping the photo station up until the last minute!

The sewing room is next!

Runa loves the new cork flooring!  Well maybe not, she is just a love!

Living Room Office

~~~~~~~~~~~My Lively Life~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Spin Yarns, Weave Dreams, & Sew to Mend the Soul

Fiber Art, Weaving, Hand Spun
Hand Made Eco-Friendly Home Decor, & Toys
Vintage Collectibles, Buttons, Clothing & MORE! 
Beach Finds & Copper Wire Ornaments

My Blog~~Makings, Musings, & Lifestyle on the Land: 
http://injoyemporium.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/injoyemporium
www.facebook.com/injoyemporium
https://twitter.com/InJoyEmporium
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/injoyemporium…

"Be Joyful because it is humanly possible"~~~Wendell Berry

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm so impressed by your creativity. What is the "G" graphic on the wall of the sewing room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth...Guess I need to do a blog about my quirky fascination with the letter "G"... My pal John from A Revolutionary Press gave it to me after I told him about my "G" thing but it was letterpressed by another printer. (signature I think says Jack Goodrich) I think he got it while he was studing at Penland. Thanks for reading my blog! Gigi ;)

    ReplyDelete